RE: Computer Woes...

 	First of all, I deeply dislike this sort of exchange. I consider a polite,
considered dialog to be much more productive and certainly more pleasant.
That said I stand by my previous posts.

Drew,
Assuming the errors mentioned do exist (I haven’t actually checked) that
still doesn’t justify Kevin’s post. If the system of peer review doesn’t
work or doesn’t exist then that should be the subject of discussion.

Roger,
	Your reply to my post actually illustrates my point.

>So in short you stated:
>"...the lack of civility on the part of some users of the
>AMSAT-BB....keeps me from volunteering."
>Perhaps an exaggeration? A misstatement? Surely this is a
>short sighted view!

	You took my statement “I believe the lack of civility on the part of some
users of the AMSAT-BB deters many potential volunteers from participating in
AMSAT activities. It certainly keeps me from volunteering.”  And quoted it
out of context, leaving out the words “I believe” to make it appear to be a
flat statement rather than a personal opinion. You then accused me of
exaggeration, misstatement and short sightedness.
	Although I’m sure there are some who wouldn’t find this offensive, I
believe there are many others, like myself, who see no reason to volunteer
if they are to be spoken to in this manner.

Steve .. AI7W
LM #2270

<Two messages attached>