Re: Computer Woes...

Steve,
Kevin, myself, and MANY others have tried to get these corrections done
through the proper channels, up to and including the President of AMSAT
himself. No results. Have you read the information in question? While the
solution works and has been in use for years, the errors in the theory are
appalling, and indicates that there is no working system of peer review or
content control on the website. The glossary is even worse.

Merely volunteering does not excuse one from responsibility to accuracy. Nor
does it exempt one from criticism. While I think the website overhaul in
general is an outstanding feat, and very well put together, the continuing
refusal to accept or make corrections is not an acceptable situation to this
member, or the others I've heard from. If there isn't time to correct it, it
should be removed until that time is available or a volunteer solicited to
fix it. No information is better than bad information.

Again, let me couch this in clear terms. The website is fantastic. The
newsreel feature is great, the store is brilliant, the sat status page is
useful, and the prediction page is one of the finest things AMSAT could have
done for sat users. The lack of accuracy and technical review in some of the
articles is appalling and embarassing. Go read it for yourself.
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ModeJ.php and
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/information/glossary.php

Emily and the "web team" now have a volunteer with fine credentials to
correct the glossary. Let's see if the problem gets fixed this time.

73, Drew KO4MA