From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Felim Doyle M3HIM
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 11:58 AM
To: Emily Clarke
Cc: amsat-bb
Subject: Re: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: POSAT MODE -YOUR SAY

If I may make a general, polite criticism about the AmSat Op-/Non-Op/Status
pages for the sats. ...

Basically the information is not in a complete and consistent format and
varies from sat. to sat. requiring additional searches to find the full
picture for each one. It would be nice (and should be the case) that one
click from the main AmSat web page should enable us to look for an
individual sat. and instantly know it's history and current status including
modes, up/down-link frequencies, power levels etc.

Loathe as I am to volunteer to gather this information, I would be willing
to do so over a period of time but this would require the input of informed
sources, of which I am not one :-( However, I'm sure that there are others
better positioned to do this in a more timely and accurate fashion.

Any takers?

Félim M3HIM
RSGB: RS184119
AmSat UK: 6464

> From: Emily Clarke <w0eec@amsat.org>
> Date: 2005/08/08 Mon PM 03:25:34 GMT
> To: Felim Doyle M3HIM <felim.m3him@ntlworld.com>
> CC: amsat-bb <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: POSAT MODE -YOUR SAY
>

> That is not a good link - it is part of the old website and was not
> linked in for many years.  When the announcement about PO-28 was made
> I pulled it from the archive, corrected it and the updated page is
> posted in the new website.
>
> http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/satellites/sat_summary/po28.php
>
> 73,
>
> Emily
>

> At 12:28 AM 8/8/2005, you wrote:
> >Details of PoSAT-OSCAR 28 features are available at
> >http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/n7hpr/po28.html
> >with links to additional information.
> >
> >Félim M3HIM
> >

> > > From: Patrick Green <pagreen@gmail.com>
> > > Date: 2005/08/07 Sun PM 08:58:26 GMT
> > > To: amsat-bb <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
> > > Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: POSAT MODE -YOUR SAY
> > >
> > > Something simple like even days digital and odd days voice would
> > > be good.  I agree that not having to look at a web site to see
> > > what mode something is in is a good thing.
> > >
> > > Can this sat support digipeating for APRS purposes?
> > >
> > > Echo has been in high power mode for sometime and it's packed.
> > > The higher powered the sat is in FM, it becomes more desirable
> > > because more and more people can hear it.
> > >
> > > 73 de Pat --- KA9SCF
> > > Amsat #35741
> > > ----
> > > Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the
author.
> > > Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite
program!

> W0EEC - CM87tm
> AMSAT Area Coordinator - San Francisco Bay Area
> http://www.projectoscar.net    http://www.PlanetEmily.com
>
> Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org

Félim M3HIM
RSGB: RS184119
AmSat UK: 6464

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]