RE:POSAT MODE - YOUR SAY (was Re: New Sat from our friends in Surrey)

I'd like to comment on Bill's thoughts.

I agree with Bill.  The people who build
satellites bear the cost burden of building and
paying for them.  As far as I know, none of us
have ever sent Chris Jackson a penny for all the
work he has and continues to do.  I occasionally
send him an email thanking him for all he has
done - I don't get too many replies - perhaps he is too busy.

We contribute to launches of satellites like
AO-40 and AO-51, but in the case of PO-28 I think
the people who have the biggest investments
(AMSAT-CT, SSTL, etc) get to make the
decisions.  I would encourage everyone to be like
Bill and express thanks to AMSAT-UK, AMSAT-CT and
SSTL for all their hard work on behalf of the
amateur community and accept their decision without ratcheting up the noize.

This is a very nice gift - accept it.

73,
Emily

At 12:14 PM 8/5/2005, Bill Greene VE7WFG wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>Just thought I would throw my 1/2 cent (
>Canadian Currency against the US Dollar )
>Why don't we just wait till we see what modes
>our friends at Surrey give us and then lets all
>send them nice thank you notes for giving us
>another satellite to use no matter what mode it operates in ?
>Oh yeah this isn't directed at anyone in
>particular and I have my Nomex ( flame
>resistant) undies on so flame away if it makes
>anyone feel better, it might even feel a bit
>cooler than the 100° temperatures we are experiencing here in British Columbia!
>Hope everyone is having a great summer so far!
>
>Best of 73 de
>
>--
>Bill Greene VE7WFG
>Armstrong BC DO00jk
>Amsat Area Coordinator for British Columbia
>Amsat #29777

W0EEC - CM87tm

Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org