Digtal over Voice LEOs (WAS: POSAT Mode - Your Say)

After hearing much discussion about POSAT I just wanted to throw my 2 cents
in...

What many have complained about can be easily solved by a digital-only bird
setup as a digipeater versus using voice.  You don't have to worry about
Doppler shifts as much as you do when you are using voice and multiple
conversations can be going on at the same time without too much problem.

I've worked voice LEOs and digital LEOs and must say that the digital LEOs are
far more efficient.  This is, however, depending on how you set them up.  I'd
like to see POSAT be setup with digipeating capabilities (possibly on 145.827
MHz) to replace NO-44.

Eric KF4OTN