Re: Re POSAT Mode - Your Say

Other than forgetting about GO-32, I fully agree with Robin. Whatever mode
it goes in must be balanced with the other available satellites, and the new
command stations level of participation. Personally I'd like to see it in
data the majority of the time. Perhaps 9k6 Mon-Thur, 38.4 Friday, and Voice
on the weekend (when the FMs are traditionally the busiest)

Someone asked about power levels...if I recall UO-14 was 4 watts? and PO-28
is a near cousin in size. This is a 50 kg satellite, much bigger and with
much more power generation than AO-51. Given how AO-51 becomes beyond
overcrowded as the downlink power goes up, and UO-14 was often a solid
garbled mess of stations, I think data is the more productive mode.

As far as what gets sent in data modes, rest assured it is just as valid a
amateur radio pursuit as the self titled "breakfast club" saying hi to each
other each pass, every pass, on every satellite, everyday.

I'd suggest that those offering suggestions also be prepared to offer their
financial support, as in pay your dues and be a member of your national
AMSAT organization. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth too much
either! Whatever mode it ends up in will be a benefit to all of us.

73, Drew KO4MA
AMSAT-NA #33438