Re: PCSat2 tests

Jerry Weihrauch wrote:
> Could have been me, I tried to transmit as close to 29.402 as possible
> on that 13:30 pass.
>
> There was another signal at about 13:35 UTC (almost right overhead my
> QTH) but all I copied was "TEST" a few times and "EST" once.  Was not
> able to capture the call sign though.  Have to "fine tune" the Doppler
> interface with Nova and TRX-manager a little the Doppler tracking was a
> little slower and had to "chase" the signal down the band a little as it
> passed over.  Using MixW 2.16 for PSK31, but this was only my second
> attempt to copy PCAST2 (once yesterday).
>
> 73,
>
> Jerry  -  K0HZI
>
> Robert Bruninga wrote:
>
>> Jerry,
>> was that you?
>> See our pcsat2 web page
>> Bob

>> Bob,
>>
>> OK I will transmit PSK31 at 29.402 on the 13:30 UTC pass.
>>
>> Jerry  -  K0HZI
>>

>> Robert Bruninga wrote:
>>

>>> We will try to turn on the PSK31 transponder for a
>>> few minutes every pass over the USA when
>>> Maryland has control.  We wish someone would
>>> put a signal on 29.402000 MHz so we would have somethign to hear...
>>> Bob, WB4APR

>>> Bob,
>>>
>>> Are there going to be any more PSK31 tests today on PCSat2?   Have a
>>> real good pass almost overhead at 08:30 AM CDST here in South St
>>> Paul, MN.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> Jerry
>>> ----
Jerry, Bob and the group.  That "TEST EST" signal was probably me.  I
started out send that on 29402 and eventually let the transmitter idle
so that a phase lock could be obtained.  The elevation was only 6
degrees maximum.  In the future, I'll put out a signal on 29401 + 800
Hertz just to stay clear of you guys.  Do check 200 Hz lower!!
      This will be for Friday only as I will flying out Saturday morning
at 06:45 for the Small Satellite Conference in Logan, Utah  Cliff K7RR