Re: Global Satellite Coverage (hawaii?)

>>> "Scott Avery WA6LIE" <wa6lie@msn.com> 08/04/05 8:51 PM
>Also, attempting a Hawaii to California contact via ISS
>tomorrow at 2302 UTC IF something on ISS is alive!

We'll turn on digipeat on the A side 145.825 uplink
and 435.275 +/- doppler today so you can try
to use that digipeater if the ARISS is not back
on packet by then.     This is not really ready for
full user load, but may as well try it for this
special CA to HI test.  Tho you might be leary of
trying something new with only a 1 minute opportunity.

Digi path will be VIA ARISS just like on the ARISS
system.   Bob, WB4APR
There are very FEW passes between Hawaii and Ca. that could work.
ISS is at 2 degrees elevation on both ends. This doesn't happen
very often. That is why I rearranged my work schedule just to
try to make contact tomorrow. I guess if ISS is off the air, I
will not be too surprised, but dissapointed. Might have to wait several
months before another attempt.

We will see....

73, Scott WA6LIE

From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga@usna.edu>