Re: Headphones on AO-51

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 10:20, Andrew Carter wrote:
> So I've read all info about getting on satellites and how you should
> hear yourself on the downlink. Using my headphone/mic headset and my
> Arrow with duplexer, I can never hear myself. Sometimes I think I heard
> myself, but I just completed a QSO with W7JPI and I heard static during
> keydown. Thoughts?

Does the W32 put out one band on the left speaker channel and the other on the
right?

I don't own a W32, but just a thought... I have had full-duplex HT's that do
the split ear thing... seems like it was user-configurable also.

I had a surprise last night -- I never realized my Kenwood TH-F6A had an
oddball speaker/headset plug until I went to put a pair of headphones on it
last night trying to keep quiet while listening to Shuttle audio at 3AM
local.  (GRIN)

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com -- WY0X