CC Rider Questions

I've been thinking about CC-Rider lately and I think it's going to be a really neat
experiment, but I have a question about the operation of the transponder. I've read the
whitepaper "C-C Rider Revisited" but I didn't see anything that comes out and specifically
talks about whether the transponder will be digital voice or standard analog. I see some
mention of the KarnSat protocol, but I haven't been able to find any info about that.
I realize we're still in the very early design stage, but I'm curious as to what the
designers are thinking for transponder usage. It would be interesting if we could
support both digital and analog transponders simultaneously.

Is there any public information on the KarnSat protocol? I keep thinking about the
possibilities of having a dynamic data network between groundstations while the sat
is in view. This could be a killer app for multicast :)

-Steve
N1JFU