Re: Java station control program

Hi,

I am the developer of JStation.  The version that is on
http://www.qsl.net/n6lyt is now really really old.

I was working on a newer version that used the Java Comm API for the
serial port interfaces.  There are a lot of changes in this version but
I lost interest due to the lack of store and forward digital satellites
and in particular images taken by the satllites.

I had implemented the alogorithms required to decode the PoSAT images.
They were using a method called "Adaptive, Moment Preserving Block
Truncation Code" (see
http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/SSC/CSER/UOSAT/IJSSE/issue1/brewer/Brewer.html)
which required a complete thumbnail image along with the encoded full
image to be able to decode them.

I also have a version under construction that runs the interface to the
rotors and radios as a background task (daemon) and presents the user
interface via a web browser using Java Servlets and Java Server Pages.
As the machine that this runs on is on the internet I can access the
satellite data from anywhere that has a browser and internet access!

If the store and forward part of PoSAT is made available I will put some
effort into getting this all running again and put together in a
releasable form.

I was monitoring PoSAT for a long time on its commercial frequency and
had noticed that it was not being used apart from downloads of log files
and the occasional WOD file.

The images from this satellite were really good (see
http://www.dop.ineti.pt/posat/www/index.htm),  I hope that we will be
able to use that part of the satellite.  Do we know who will be
controlling the satellite?

Regards,

   John Melton  g0orx/n6lyt