The Return of OSCAR-11

Very many thanks for all the recent reports of OSCAR-11, on AMSAT-B and
by direct e-mails.  I received the good news, on Saturday morning, while
at the AMSAT-UK Colloquium.  This was entirely unexpected!

When I returned home on Sunday, I heard the passes at 17:21 & 19:02 UTC,
and have heard many others since.

Signals seem to be weaker than usual. However,since I last heard the
satellite on 30 April, I've reinstalled my antennas , which makes
comparisons difficult.

All the analogue telemetry channels, 0 to 59 are zero, ie they have
failed.  The status channels 60 to 67 are still working. One bit in
channel 62, DSR mode, has changed from WRITE to READ.  DSR is the
Digital Store & Readout experiment. This could be significant if the
experiment is still drawing current, but the other status bit indicates
thet it is switched OFF.

The on-board clock is now showing a very large error.  It has lost
approximately 15 days since 30 April.  I'll be monitoring the clock
closely to see whether it changes at a constant rate, in future passes.

Eclipses should end around mid August.  That should help the satellite
to continue transmitting.

If the watchdog timer is still working, the satellite should switch OFF
in the next 10 to 20 days. I would appreciate if listeners could just
make a note of the DATE & UTC time when they hear the satellite, so that
when it switches OFF we can determine when it was last heard.  Please
post your reports to AMSAT-BB or e-mail me direct g3cwv@amsat.org, but
NOT until it switches OFF!

--
73