Yaesu FT-767 fan stuck on high

Hi folks,

This is relevant to Amsat only because I was talking on the 20 meter Amsat
Net last week when it happened, and the rig was what I used for the uplink
for my first satellite contact (RS-10) many years ago...

The cooling fan on my Yaesu FT-767GX transceiver seems to be stuck in the
high speed setting.  The rig works otherwise, but it's annoyingly loud.  I
was talking to Larry W7LB when it turned on, as it often does during a net.
The problem is that it didn't down-shift when the rig cooled down.

Is this something that is controller by a microprocessor somewhere, that
might have gotten confused?  I'd rather not reset the rig without reason;
who knows what settings I'd loose.  Or, is this a problem anyone else has
seen?  The rig is old enough that I'm not really sure where I should send
it, or where to begin digging into it myself.  The one time I opened the
case up to install the tone board, it appeared nearly unservicable inside.

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH