Re: computer interface

Hello fred- I also live on a limited income and here is how I saved money;
According to bob bruninga, I set up a couple of short beams on a single
cheap tv rotator on a 10 foot mast right outside the shack window.
Above the rotator is a 3 foot mast on which I mounted a 4 element VHF yagi
at the bottom horizontal and above that, I mounted a home-brew 6x6 element
RHCP yagi aimed upward at a 20 degree angle. The beams are medium gain so
I can cover a fair amount of sky and still have good reception.
I can also use the beams for terrestrial contacts. I use very short runs
of 9913 coax. I loose the satellite at very high angles, but I use coax
switches to switch to a new X50 vertical for reception.
I run STSPLUS in the orthographic mode to know where to point the
antennas. I just use the single rotator control about once a minute.
I also use a squalo antenna on another mast about 20 feet away for VHF
uplink to echo and AO-27. The rig is a yaesu ft8800r I purchased last
summer.
For VHF SSB and UHF SSB I use two old yaesu mobile rigs; ft480 and ft790.
I can also work the HAMSAT and AO-7 satellites with this equipment.
Hope this helps you and anybody else.

73, patrick n2oeq 32323