Re: President's Letter July 2005

I completely agree with this.  If we are to turn what appears to be a
five year waiting period, into something  shorter, while at the same
time being able to push the technology needed to a usable conclusion,
support is needed.  Progress in the areas we can make them is being
made. I would really like to see a propulsion team  (for example) begin
what could be a very long process to finalize what we need  but  until
we can decide what launch we are on, it is a bit hard to even size what
KIND of propulsion system is needed.  We don't know kind and what level
of complexity we need in the attitude control system.  This needs to be
studied.  But we need to define our launch parameters, to really make
these difficult engineering decisions.  It is harder in spacecraft
design to shoot arrows into the dark.  To get this kind detail, we need
to define a launch opportunity.  In order to really define this
opportunity, we need the necessary wherewithal to sign on the dotted
line.  Your support is needed.  We likely do not need to pay for the
entire launch, but we are likely to need travel expenses to go to
meetings and "deposits" to be made.  SUPPORT THIS NOW.

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/eagle/

We are giving direct support to the P3E project and there will be an
"IHU-3 get it done" meeting here in the next few weeks.  Please support
that as well via tax deductible donations (in the U.S)

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/express/

or elsewhere you may go to

http://www.amsat-dl.org/p3e/donation-e.htm.

Here is the output of the first test code output (without all the data
dumps) on the IHU-3.  We are going to be adding a few more tests.  I
will be attempting to bring up IPS on the unit in a few days.

g 00000000Processing GO command..
þIHU radiation test code   v1.00   15 July 2005

Ready
Please enable ascii capture and hit T for tests
**tRunning off chip memory test
Off Chip memory MD5 sum is correct
Running EDAC test
EDAC memory MD5 sum is correct
When the DAC and ADC are looped, please strike G
ADC and DAC tests complete

Bob
N4HY