Re: AO-16 Digi ?

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 09:05 -0700, Paul Williamson wrote:
> At 6:08 AM -0400 7/20/05, Don Woodward wrote:
> >You have to use UPW to digi through AO-16 - you can't use a normal
> >packet program.
>
> That's quite misleading.
>
> What you need is the right modulator, the transmit part of the modem.
> This only limits what program you're using if you use a program with
> a built-in modulator. That is, one that uses the computer's sound
> card to interface directly to the radio.

Paul:

You are correct - since very few people have the correct modems, I
assumed that he might be using a normal modem or was using a soundcard
based program, I should have qualified my answer - I see in a later post
he did have the correct modem and was able to digi.

For those like me who don't have the correct modem - UPW is an excellent
soundcard based program that will allow you to digi (TX) through AO-16 -
for receive on AO-16 you can use MixW - another excellent soundcard
based program.

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP