Re: ISS repeater

I had a brief contact with N5VHO eariler this afternoon (around 19:00)
through the ISS repeater.  Was actually surprised that I was able to get
through as my 440 antenna is just a quick and dirty 1/2" copper pipe
J-pole I built this weekend to work a new Echolink node in town.  Can
barely hit the new node about 5 miles away but I got into the ISS even
with the antenna still sitting inside!

I didn't even tune uplink doppler (and have never found a benefit to
tuning the downlink doppler on the ISS with my radio.) but I probably
needed to as I wasn't able to fully finish my QSO.  But with a marginal
antenna I was surprised I got in at all.

----
Jason Hitesman
N8INJ
jason@Hitesman.com