Re: NO-44 Link Question

Charles,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that PCSat is a
digipeater, but I'm wondering how to get around
Doppler, not how to listen to the downlink while
transmitting. At any given moment, the transceiver
will be tuned to receive the downlink signal, but must
be prepared to transmit at a different frequency as
soon as the TNC keys the PTT. Example: With PCSat
approaching, the downlink will be 145.827 +Doppler,
and uplink will be 145.827 -Doppler. The transceiver
must instantaneously switch to the uplink frequency
when keyed up by the TNC, or else the transceiver will
transmit the signal on a frequency too high for that
sat to hear. The 847 won't allow same-band ops or
split frequency offset in sat mode, so how does one
accomplish this with this rig? Am I still missing
something?

Thanks for the help all,

Matt
KF6RTB