RE: possible QRM from DU

Emily,

Those bands are already under threat in the UK for instance a network of
base stations is being built for WIMAX which uses our 5 GHz satellite
downlink band.

At the AMSAT-UK International Space Colloquium to be held 29th - 31st July
at the Univerisity of Surrey, Guildford, England we will be having a
presentation by Murray Niman G6JYB on the threats that we face to our
allocations in the Microwave this is well worth attending.

For full programme details see:

http://www.uk.amsat.org/Colloquium/programme/default.php

The event is open to all Amateurs and SWL's. Day passes or full packages
covering overnight accomodation and meals at the University are available.
For further details contact Sophie Haigh
Tel: +44 (0)1483 689888
Email: s.haigh@sstl.co.uk
Web: http://www.uk.amsat.org/colloquium/

73 Trevor M5AKA