RE: possible QRM from DU

Hi Eddie,

I saw the report that WIA put out it sounds very worrying.

Lets hope lots of sat ops support you and email ntc@ntc.gov.ph

---- From WIA
Phillippine Amateurs May Lose 70cm

Hams in the Philippines are wondering how long it will be before they
are ordered off of the 70 centimeter band.  This, after that nations
National Telecommunications Commission announces the inclusion of all
of that  band inn spectrum it is considering being made available for
broadband wireless networks.

The regulatory agency made the suggestion in a Memorandum titled
"Frequency Band Allocations for Broadband Wireless Access." The
surprise was the inclusion of 410 to 495MHz in nine bands.  This
includes the Amateur and Amateur Satellite spectrum including the
internationally agreed to allocations.

Jose Mari Gonzalez, DU1JMG, is the Manilla based president of PARA
which is the Philippines national Amateur Radio society.  He says that
PARA opposes both the memorandum and the potential loss of 70
centimeters.  He notes that 430 to 440 MHz includes the international
amateur satellite band.  He says that if and when the Philippines
National Telecommunications Council decides to remove 70 centimeter
access from ham radio that his organization will file an official
complaint to the IARU.  This would likely lead to a complaint by the
IARU to the International  Telecommunications Union that would
hopefully warn the NTC not to change the internationally agreed
frequency allocations.

For its part, the Philippines National Telecommunications Council says
it proposes to reallocate spectrum for broadband wireless networks in
line with the thrust of the government to promote and facilitate the
development of information and communications technology.  Right now
only about  5% of the population in The Philippines has access to the
Internet, much less broadband, and this is partly due to the lack of
infrastructure.   (WIA. VK3PC)
----

73 Trevor M5AKA
Chelmsford ARS: http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/