RE: AMSAT-UK Colloquium 2005 - 29-31 July

Thanks for th info Jim it should be a great event.

I think the Microwave Testing facilities are a major attraction as well.
----
As in previous years there will be facilities to check frequency and
noise figure of equipment and of course there will be the ever popular
2.4 GHz Antenna Testing Range. A new service this year will be
measurements of loss in coaxial cables and patch leads. Those wishing
to use this facility should ensure their coax is terminated in N
connectors. If anything else is used then they may have to accept some
adaptor loss inaccuracies.

There will be guided tours of the Surrey Space Centre at the University with
the satellite mission control centre and the satellite assembly facility.
These
tours are always popular and they provide a unique opportunity to see
satellites in various stages of construction.

The event is open to all Amateurs and SWL's. Either Day passes or full
packages covering overnight accomodation and meals at the University are
available.
For further details contact Sophie Haigh
Tel: +44 (0)1483 689888
Email: s.haigh@sstl.co.uk
Web: http://www.uk.amsat.org/colloquium/
----