AMSAT-UK Colloquium 2005 - 29-31 July

Dear OMs.

The aim of this email is to update everyone on details of the
forthcoming event on 29-31 July 2005. If you have already booked, thank
you. If you haven't yet, please consider attending, its still not too
late to book a place, and booking forms and more information are
available on our web site at
http://www.uk.amsat.org/Colloquium/How_To_Book/default.php

Recent developments during the planning of this years event are:

- We have secured a keynote  talk on "Huygens - A First Look at Titan"
by Professor John Zarnecki - Open University (Principal Investigator for
the Surface Science Package on Huygens). This will be a fascinating
insight into this amazing project. John will give his talk on Friday
afternoon.

- The detailed programme is now published on the web site at
http://www.uk.amsat.org/Colloquium/programme/default.php. But please
note that it is subject to change!

- A new innovation this year will be a Poster Exhibition by SSTL/UoS
Space Centre students in the SSTL conference room. About a dozen post
graduate students will be present with posters and some exhibits, and
you will have a chance to find out whats new and upcoming at SSTL. This
Exhibition will take place on Friday afternoon approximately 5pm to 6pm.

- First thing on Saturday morning are several SSETI Express
presentations. (The AMSAT-UK rep for the launch campaign leaves for
Moscow shortly after the Colloquium, so this will be the last
opportunity to hear it from the horse's mouth!!!)

 The 'normal' events will still be there, the Friday BBQ, The Quiz, the
Gala dinner on Saturday etc etc.

If you have already booked to attend the Colloquium, and/or offered to
present a paper; thank you, we look forward to seeing you in Guildford.
If not, please take a look at our web site and consider joining us for
our 20th Colloquium.

Thanks you for your attention

73 Jim G3WGM
Hon Sec AMSAT UK