Re: rotor problems

I have an Alphaspid az rotor that I purchased for my HF tower
project.  Since it was idle during field day I decided to use it with
my field day satellite setup.  After all the good things I heard and
read about the Alphaspid, I was horrified to discover that the wire
terminals used to connect the controller to the control cable were of
the flimsiest quality, the tabs were literally popping out  - Radio
Shack puts out better quality parts.  We literally had to tape the
control cable to the outside of the controller case with duct tape to
keep the cable in place and allow the terminals to make contact - ugh!

Please tell me that the terminals on your AZ/EL rotor controller were
of better quality.

-Freeman, N5FPP