Re: Airline Carryon

Bruce Bostwick wrote:

> The thing that has always worried me is the possibility of getting
> halfway to my destination (or halfway back, one or the other) and then
> being faced with no way to get something valuable like an HT to where
> I'm going, or get it home safely.

I realize that this part of this thread is a couple days old, but I
shoot professional fireworks shows on the side so this past weekend has
been REALLY busy!  Just getting cought up with my E-Mails....

My solution to the carryon radio problem is to ship it UPS (or FedEx,
DHL, etc) to the destination.  The only problem I have ever had was
hotels taking a while to figure out which room to send it to.  That is
normally solved by calling the desk to advise that the package was
signed for by <fill in the name> at <fill in the time> and why is it
that it has not gotten here yet <however much later it is now>?  It's
amazing how fast they find it after that.  Ain't real time package
tracking nice!

--
73