RE: Airline Carryon

> A lock just tells the baggage thiefs there are valuables
> inside. It sure won't stop them from cracking it open with a
> hammer, or cutting the bag open, or just stealing the whole
> damn thing. And if it gets stolen, you are just out of luck

However, in these parts of the world, there are also issues with drug
smugglers, which can be a major problem if you happen to be travelling to
Asia and someone's decided to let their drugs hitch a ride on your
baggage...

> All my radios are always carried on. Gel cells included. I
> sometimes get a little extra attention, but at least it's
> focused on my bag, and not on my person. The most intense

Same here, though I don't take gel cells, they're probably bordering on
"iffy".  I choose NiCd or NiMH battery packs for travel.

> Most of the TSA are fairly professional, and almost friendly.
> But for the ones who are not, be sure and stand your ground.
> We've already given too much liberty up for this farce they
> call security. I for one have my heels dug as far in this
> slippery slope as they will go.

I have found the ones I encountered during my time in the US to be friendly
and professional.

> I better stop before I really start ranting.....bottom line
> is carry it on if you give a damn about it.

Agreed! :)