RE: Airline Carryon

> Has anyone had any problem with a HF radio in your carry-on bag?  I
> want to take my Ft-857D with me. Debating about wrapping it in bubble
> wrap and putting it in my checked bag (locked with TSA approved lock)
> or taking it in my carry-on.

Haven't tried HF, but certainly had no problems with the HT, laptop and a
couple of other miscellaneous electronic gadgets while travelling around the
US a few months ago.  Only got stopped once (at Austin) for a second X-ray
inspection, because security weren't sure what they were seeing, and I had
to empty one of the pockets of the laptop bag, to make the X-ray clearer.