Re: Airline Carryon

Patrick Green wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   I had a flight attendant actually tell me that operating my GPS
> would interfere with the plane's instuments!  I find that it's better
> to take the battery off of the radio prior to the check points.
> Keeping things seperate makes it easier for them to see the stuff with
> their Xrays.
>
> 73 de Pat -- KA9SCF.

There's actually been a number of documented incidents on older aircraft
where Passenger Electronic Devices have likely caused in-flight
problems.  Read for yourself...

Last updated December 2004, but some very interesting stories in this
report below, last I looked.

http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/report_sets/ped.pdf

Sorry this is getting way off-topic for the list... I started it.
Someone flog me with a wet dipole.

Nate WY0X