Re: Airline Carryon

>The issue of OPERATING a radio on a plane is quite different than the issue
>of
>simply being allowed to carry it onboard in your bag.

  Actually,  I haven't looked in a while, but I was under the
impression that one of the "plain language" re-writes of
FCC part 97 slipped in a prohibition against operating on
"any aircraft operating under instrument flight rules",
which is basically any commercial airliner, thus, even
if the pilot and airline were inclined to permit it, you
would still not be allowed to "operate" it.