Re: Airline Carryon

I've carried mobile rigs about the size of an 857, complete with mag mount
w/18' of coax, power cables, bundles of AA batteries, HTs, etc.  Never had
to open a bag (even post 9/11).  Have had them pull the bag aside and wipe
with their residue detectors a year or two ago (although I think they do
that now to just about every bag they check.)  Never had to show any ham
license to anyone yet, but there's always a first time.  I don't think it's
a big deal.  They apparently know what they're looking for (I hope).

Rob
N7LV