Carry-On for Airlines

Here is a link to the PDF file available at http://www.tsa.gov concerning
permitted and prohibited items. Electronics and radios are not covered as
either permitted or prohibited.

By perusing the list you will see that the concern is for hazardous chemicals
and explosives as well as sharp and self defense items.

http://www.tsa.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/Permitted_Prohibited_5_16_2005_v3.pdf

Of course, any screener can deem any item dangerous and not allow you to take
it. At that point, I would ask to speak to a supervisor. They must also speak
to you with dignity and respect. If they don't, get their name and report them
to a supervisor after you have completed going through the screening. I have
had to do that on several trips. They don't make sport of passengers playing
around and they don't like their employees to be unprofessional.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT Director Contests and Awards

T5, 7.5Mhz