Re: Arrow Ant and Camera tripod query

My hearty thanks to all who replied and even sent me
pictures...

I'll be taking a two pronged approach..

1) For portable operations I'll be using a camera tripod and
accessing the threaded hole under the foam grip...

2) For the house (passes greater than 40 degrees' Azimuth)
I'll be using Emily's (W0EEC) Alt/Az $6 PVC idea --
(http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC/ArrowMount.php) with some
modifications suggested by John (N4NAB)

BTW Emily, the parts cost more than $6 at my local hardware
store -- but what a great solution  :^))

O.T. Last night with the help of a tracking program, I knew
where to look for the ISS... I managed to get something -
packet?, APRS?, (which was it??) on the 145.800 downlink on
my D7A(G) but no voice :-((
And the time was just right for me to get a great visual on
it... WOW! It moves faster than a 747 at 35k feet... also saw
to other fast objects in retrograde motion but didn't manage
to identify them

Again, thanks to all, fabrication will start tomorrow .

Dave KK7SS