Re: FT-847 Computer Control

Gary Mayfield wrote:

> I'm away from my station right now, but if memory serves me correctly
> FODTrack control works doing this with the FT-847.  You may want to
> email Manfred and ask how does/did it.
>
> 73,
> Joe
> kk0sd/0 in KS right now
>
> From: "Simon Brown (HB9DRV)" <simon@hb9drv.ch>
> To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
> Subject: [amsat-bb] FT-847 Computer Control
> Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:38:49 +0200
>
> So I've been trying to set the TX frequency of the FT-847 via CAT
> control while the radio is in transmit mode - and I just get errors.
> Same with the FT-817. Is it just not possible?
>
> Assuming it can't be done how does one correctly use a linear
> transponder such as VO-52 with the FT-847 via computer control? While
> I am transmitting I must keep my transmit frequency correctly adjusted
> so that I don't wander over other QSO's.
>
> I still have more FT-847 testing this next week to try and find the
> best or the worst-case scenarios.
>
> I am coming to the opinion that the only radio(s) I can correctly use
> are from ICOM as the transmit frequency of the TS-2000 cannot be
> changed by computer control while in transmit mode. I think either the
> IC-7000 or IC-910H will be used.
>
> Simon Brown
> ---
> www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch ----

Your right on the money Gary ,

Fodtrack does work well with the FT-847 and the latest revision even
does the PL Tone to turn on SO-50 in addition to providing  AO-51's 67
Hz PL Tone. Still love my Fodtrack, I would not change for anything,
where else can you get a  rotor/doppler controller for around $20 and
some entry level project building experience.
Hope you are having a great 4th of July.

Best of 73 de,

--
Bill Greene VE7WFG
Armstrong BC DO00jk