5400 and Nova

I've been having trouble again with my EL rotor (G-5400B) after rebuilding it and replacing the pot. When I attempt to calibrate things under Nova using the SASI interface the Raw value jumps all over the place. It was briefly stable and then went nuts again. I hate the thoughts of tearing it down again or sending it off to Yaesu this time for repair but may not have any choice. Any advice?
Rick
W2JAZ