From: "Simon Brown (HB9DRV)" <simon@hb9drv.ch>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Subject: [amsat-bb] FT-847 Computer Control
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:38:49 +0200

So I've been trying to set the TX frequency of the FT-847 via CAT control
while the radio is in transmit mode - and I just get errors. Same with the
FT-817. Is it just not possible?

Assuming it can't be done how does one correctly use a linear transponder
such as VO-52 with the FT-847 via computer control? While I am transmitting
I must keep my transmit frequency correctly adjusted so that I don't wander
over other QSO's.

I still have more FT-847 testing this next week to try and find the best or
the worst-case scenarios.

I am coming to the opinion that the only radio(s) I can correctly use are
from ICOM as the transmit frequency of the TS-2000 cannot be changed by
computer control while in transmit mode. I think either the IC-7000 or
IC-910H will be used.

Simon Brown
---
www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch ----