Re: Pocketsat memory requirement

> I am awaiting the arrival of my new Palm Zire 72 PDA. I am looking forward
> to using it for satellite tracking. I have downloaded the PocketSat
> program and started to read the docs. I can't seem to find any info on the
> memory requirement for this program on this device. The PDA comes with 32
> meg and can be upgraded with a card. I will order one if need be and would
> like to get that coming this way if I need it. Can anyone that is using
> this device with this program offer a suggestion?
>
> Also if there are other programs that might be interesting for this
> purpose I would enjoy hearing about them.
>
> Thanks for any help and 73's << John

Hi John,

PocetSat+ uses 222k in my Sony Clie, 534k for the maps plus another 20k or so
for Keps and misc files. So it's all less than a MEG. I ran it on the Zire 30(?)
the smaller cheaper Zire and it ran fine with no extra memory.

TX-Grids http://www.palmdawg.com is useful if you are operating mobile and have
a GPS. It takes your co-ordinates and spits out the grid for ya. No thinking
involved ;)

73 and I'll see ya on the sats

John KC8ZFN
EN75