Polarization of HAMSAT downlink

Hi AMSATs,

I was away for a few days and arrived back home
yesterday. When I checked my email I see an answer
from ISRO on my question to confirm the polarization.

I think I remembered that it was said to be RHCP, but
this is wrong...

ISRO confirmed in the email to me that the downlink of
HAMSAT is LHCP. They advise to use linear antennas to
avoid fluctiations in downlink signal level due to
polarization changes. The downlink is strong enough to
overcome the 3dB losses you have with a linear antenna
to an circular antenna.

About the uplink they didn't mention. I request them
also to confirm about the downlink polarization.
When I get the answer I will post it...

73
William
PE1RAH