Re: zero gravity experiment

>Can we think of any simple amateur radio experiment
> in a zero G parabolic flight...The opportunity is real
>Graham G3VZV

Our RAFT amateur satellite will be flown on the
vomet-comet as it is called in the fall.  This is to
test its separation system and HF antenna
deployment.

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/raft.html

RAFT will have a typical APRS digipeater and a
PSK-31 transponder with HF uplink as well as
a packet-to-speech module.  It will also have
a 216.98 MHz oscillator for the Navy Radar
Fence (that spans the entier sourthern USA)

de WB4APR, Bob

>>> "Graham Shirville" <g.shirville@btinternet.com> 06/29/05 2:45 AM >>>
Hi All,

I need some help from some of our creative thinkers - URGENTLY!

Can we think of any simple amateur radio experiments that could be usefully
undertaken in a zero G parabolic flight - which could possibly also then be
taken forward to become an experiment on an actual spaceflight ( maybe to

The opportunity is a real possibility but I cannot think of any bright ideas
to make us of the opportunity ( no change there then ...)

many thanks for your help

73

Graham G3VZV