Re: Satellite tracking hardware/software

Well, here is my 2 cent worth. I used the KCT/t for years. I have two and
really like them. Sure hate they are not being updated to PCI. Oh well! I
bought a Uni_Trac serial port version about a year or so ago and I like it
just fine. It works with both my 736 and 847 at the same time. It controls
my 5400 Yaesu nicely and I have had no problem with the hardware. I used a
USB/serial converter with it and that worked just fine.

The downside is the software. I have had a few complaints about it. Sure
wish the code was available for someone to work on a new version. The
author is not supporting it I understand. It is a nice piece of software
and would be even better if it had a little smoothing done on it.

All and all I guess I would recommend this interface. There you have it.
73's << John