SSTV usage

Hey Gang

I'm rewriting Amsat-UK's beginners' book. I want to say something about
sstv but I don't know anything about it :(

In the previous edition of the book I said this:

Begin
Most satellite sstv operators currently use the Scottie-1 mode,
but many operators use MMSSTV software so CQs in Robot36 mode
will also be received automatically. Doppler shift on the
downlink frequency can be a disturbing factor so it is
suggested that operators send the 1200Hz tone for about 5 sec
or more at the start of transmissions. Do not move the uplink
frequency between transmissions.
end

I'd be very grateful if users of the mode could bring me up to date.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188