Re: S band to 70cms converters

Thanks   Mike, Bob, Ed and Greg

For your comments and advice on VCO range in Drake and Transystems
converters.

Generally it seems that the Drake will go to a 70cms IF possibly with a
small modification of the VCO or possibly without......if I'm lucky.
My original idea was to use 70cms to avoid the high powered 3G base  stations
on the normal image frequency of 144MHz here in Europe. In retrospect  it may
be easier with the transystems to go to the other side of the LO and  stick
to 144MHz. (and remember the inversion on the IF radio for the  downlink).
Anyway, plenty of clues and places to start.
Hope to have a couple to measure on the test equipment at the AMSAT-UK
meeting at the end of July.

Thanks again. Will post any interesting results on my web site along with
the other satellite related bits and bobs

David  G0MRF