From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of ka8syx2003@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 3:20 PM
To: n5td@vvm.com; simon@hb9drv.ch; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Vo-52 Daft Question

Although I had no opportunities to operate in field day over the weekend, I
have in the past several weeks noted Simon's observation on VO-52 myself.
The downlink signals I'd monitored were all moving upward in 2M frequency,
rather quickly I might add.  If everyone was observing upward correction of
their 70cm uplinks (being the higher frequency and therefore that with the
greater Doppler effect to compensate for,) you'd think that the drift of the
downlink signals would not be nearly so fast.  Or am I mistaken?

BTW, I wanted to also say that I have enjoyed very much QSOing with everyone
with whom I've chatted while living in the Florida Keys, EL94.  In the next
couple of weeks, I will be moving to Jacksonville, FL, EM90, to join my XYL,
Leah.  While working in Key West, I've been a geo-bachelor for over a year
now, and my transfer is finally nearing fruition.  For anyone who's wanted
to QSO and QSL EL94 but hasn't yet done so, I know of no other hams in the
Keys full-time with much interest in satellite operating, so my departure
might mean QSOs into EL94 might dry up for a while.  Fun while it lasted,
but the gear is packed up until I can spread out in Jax.  Hope CU all from
there!

73, Ray KA8SYX