Re: Slate of Officers Issue BOD

----- Original Message -----
From: "kc6uqh" <kc6uqh@cox.net>
To: "Roger Kolakowski" <rogerkola@aol.com>; "Jeff Davis" <jeff@ke9v.net>;
"AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Slate of Officers Issue BOD

> Hi All,
> We could save poastage for AMSAT by doing the election via E- mail to
> members that have E-Mail.
> As the election is for members only, I don't feel that the BB is the
> proper format for this activityanymore than some expect that the Directors
> of AMSAT NA read and respond to this forum.
> The BB is like a party line and allows all to take sides before receiving
> the facts in an issue.
> The BB is at it's best answering technical questions, and providing help
> to the newcommers in satellite operations.
>
> Art, KC6UQH

Hi Art,
   I Second that and also to be able to do nominations via E-mail.

Your probably correct that the BB isn't the best place to hold a debate on
candidates but since we have no members only one, and trying to have it
through the journal would be impossible what else can you do?

73
Kevin
WA6FWF
#19623