Vo-52 Daft Question

While listening to a recent VO-52 pass it became clear to me that many users
were not compensating for Doppler effect. Surely the preferred way of using
VO-52 and similar is to apply frequency correction?

I would like to point out that I am very inexperienced in this area - this
is an honest question, not an attempt to start a bitch-fest :-)

Simon Brown
---
www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch