RE: Slate of Officers Issue BOD

Bruce,
I think a lot of people leave AMSAT because of the same reason I left
TAPR.  I paid my dues to TAPR and realized six months later that I
hadn't gotten anything that I hadn't already gotten without being a
member.  All their listservs, files, online journals, etc, are
available to everyone, paying or not.  Another thing is that I felt
like there wasn't anything going on and I never got involved in
anything that was going on (if there was anything going on).  The
latter is probably more my fault, but those are my reasons for not
renewing the next time around.

Yeah, yeah...  I know I'm a schmuck but when you are on a fixed and
tight budget if your money isn't giving you a return on your
investment, then I'm pulling my money.  AMSAT at least gives me the
Journal (which is the best technical journal that I have ever read)
and access to some experts out there that help me when I need it and
keep my interest up.  That, to me, is worth the funds every year but
I would like to make some more members-only things that AMSAT is
paying for.  I'm all for creating an area that non-members can ask
questions and get information.  But they should be encouraged to
become members to get MORE information and resources.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Eric