Fw: 2006 Slate of BOD Candidates

Kevin WA6FWF wrote:
>  WOW!!   what an underwhelming response, only one replied and it was
> off
> list, I don't know about the rest of  the members but I guess the only
> conclusion I can draw is either the candidates don't care, are afraid
> of this forum, or have done nothing and will do nothing...
>
> So I guess we will get what we always get, a very short blurb on the
> ballot,no forum to discuss anything and we the members can be just as
> apathetic and have the usual fraction of the total membership vote as
> always...
----clipped-----------------

Kevin's original "invitation" for BOD candidates to post their
accomplishments and desires on the AMSAT BBS was posted here on Tuesday,
June 21, 2005 @ 4:28 PM.

Now, just five days later, Kevin concludes:
".....I don't know about the rest of  the members but I guess the only
conclusion I can draw is either the candidates don't care, are afraid of
this
forum, or have done nothing and will do nothing..."

Damn!  What a load of crap.

First of all, this was FIELD DAY WEEKEND.

Second:  How many people have a written biography ready to post so
quickly?

When I consider all of the CRAP that is dished out on this bbs by the
same few loud mouths who whine about almost everything, I am amazed that
ANYONE would want to subject themselves to that kind of abuse and become
a member of the AMSAT BOD.

Woody
KJ4SO
AMSAT # 5562