Re: Slate of Officers Issue BOD

WOW! Emily a simple I was busy would have been good enough...

I waited 5 days for some sort of reply from everyone...  Yes I could have
sent an individual email to each person and if they all decided  to do
nothing  then it would have been the same as every year we get the paper
ballot  guess at a few names and send it in... or based on past ballots
I considered that if I sent it to individuals and only a couple replied to
the BB then the other members would be like where did this come from???

No, I stand by my original note...

" Would the present BOD members up for re-election like to drop a short
note to the BB stating some of the things they have accomplished with this
term and what they might like to accomplish in the next term if re-elected?

   And would the first timers like to post why they think they are qualified
and what they would bring to Amsat if elected?

I know that there will be a short statement by each person on the ballot,
but its might be nice to see something here on the BB where your fellow
members might be able to ask questions or get clarifications on what your
position might be on different subjects..."

if you didn't want to participate or felt it was inappropriate... a simple

" I would prefer to wait till the ballots come out" or "I feel this is the
inappropriate forum" would have been fine in my book..

My WOW! note was because 5 days had passed with no "I decline" "Drop Dead"
or "here it is..."  to the BB.
Greg was the only one to take the time to reply offline...

I thought this was a perfect time to discuss this... about a week or so
before deadlines to turn in bios were due, time to try it out here and maybe
tweak it a little maybe get some input... guess I was wrong,and BTW I for
one do not consider the BB to be a foreign country but unfortunately it
often gets treated as such...

I just don't want 2005 to set a new low in voter turnout with Amsat-NA.

73
Kevin WA6FWF
#19623