RE: Slate of Officers Issue BOD

Bruce,
While I agree with your statement that board members and officers
should be on the list to hear the voices of the membership,
unfortunately this is not the list in which this can be done.  Far
too often we have non-members that feel it is their right to make
their voice heard to our BOD and officers and this just isn't right.
They should step up to the plate and at LEAST pay their dues if not
get more involved in the organization and help it become a success.

I'll support the candidate that brings more benefits to being a
member so that when big decisions need to happen we are better
represented.  We need a members-only list and resources on the
website and mail aliases.

I think that instead of just a bio, we should get a fact sheet
telling us what each candidate plans to do during their term and what
they support and...  We shouldn't be voting based on name
recognition, but we need to have the facts.  Right now the only way
to give these facts out to the entire membership is by mailing
everything out with the ballot.  I wish their were a better way and I
know there can be.  We just have to get the right people in place to
make this happen.

Just my 2 cents worth...

73s,
Eric KF4OTN
kf4otn@amsat.org
http://www.ericsatcom.net

Project OSCAR Member
AMSAT-NA Member: 35360
AMSAT Eastern North Carolina Area Coordinator