Re: Field Day - The perils of handheld ops

Glad to hear that you had better luck than I did.  Maybe next year, a
different uplink frequency can be used from the of the spares that AO-51
has.  I think several were trying to use the bird and didnt know that
the downlink wasnt on UHF.  I hear so many calls that only seem to show
up on field day.  My favorite is the one where the station calls CQ CQ
CQ Field Day for around 3 minutes.  Really wish the ARRL would drop the
sat bonus.

Just my thoughts,

Ron
KA4KYI