Re: Slate of Officers Issue BOD

It's refreshing to see an open discussion on the upcoming BOD elections
on amsat-bb.  As others have pointed out, this IS a critical yearly
happening within AMSAT and the vote of every member is important.

I for one would like to see from each candidate is a list what they
perceive as the top five challenges AMSAT faces over the course of the
next two years and how they plan to address those issues should they be
elected to the board.

Far too many votes are cast on name recognition alone.  That's wrong
folks.  We should be addressing issues and proposed solutions to those
issues.  The standard candidate statements of the past have been little
more than 'brag sheets' and have conveyed little useful information on
the candidates goals, objectives, and and their approach to problem
resolution.

One thing I've noted already in this discussion is that our Board
members and Officers are too busy to monitor this forum.   That's sad,
really sad.  What better way to learn about and address the issues which
concern our members.  If a person is too busy to participate in this
forum then they are too busy to represent me!  Actively reading this
forum and participating in the discussions is the only way our Board
members and Officers can practice the time proven and very successful
technique of 'Management by Walking Around and Listening (MBWAL).'

Please take time to vote when you receive your ballot.  Please take the
time to read whatever statements each candidate issues....look a bit
deeper than 'name recognition'.....look for folks aware of the critical
issues facing the organization and their approach to addressing those
issues.  Look for folks who are willing to invest the time to read this
forum and openly address concerns of the membership.  What a person has
done in the past is not as important as what a person will do in the
future!  Learn a little about the candidates and then cast your vote.

To the candidates....regardless of if you choose to post information
here or in the 'fact sheet' which accompanies the ballot, tell me what
YOU see as the most critical issues facing AMSAT.  Tell me how you
propose to address those issues.  Tell me how you are going to learn and
follow the concerns of the membership now and in the future.

Regards -- Bruce

--
Bruce Rahn

Wisdom has two parts: