RE: FT-736R opinions

Hi Mike,

I like it fine, but it has been my only for-purpose Satellite rig, so I have
little to compare it with.  My only complaints are that the computer
interface is one-way; I cannot easily automate the tracking of doppler on
the SSB/CW satellites, because you have to run open loop.  That's close
enough for FM, and there's only one spot in the passband to aim at.  But not
for SSB/CW.  Still manual operation is not that bad, once you get the hang
of it.

I use a separate all-mode scanner for s-band downlinking (AO-40, AO-51),
because my 13cm converter outputs at 301mhz (my choice, so I can use either
2m or 70cm for the uplink).

My only other complaint is that I don't have a 1.2 ghz module in mine...
(anybody have one, cheap?)

Greg  KO6TH

Hope you enjoyed Field Day. How do Sa Ops like the FT-736R. Did read eham
bur
not all were on Sat operation. Any imput would help. tnx Mike K2mmm